Ex-Offender JobSearch Guides Topics
Self-help information for your job-seeking, re-entering ex-offender customers.
|VALUABLE JOB SEARCH INFORMATION FOR EX-OFFENDERS|
| General Information & Situations
1. Job Search Tips for Ex-Offenders
2. Resources for Ex-Offenders
3. I Need to Change Jobs
4. I Was Fired From Last Job. Now What?
5. Tips for Offenders with Disabilities
6. Job Search Issues for Women and Minorities
7. How to Relocate to Another Community
8. How to Handle the Stress of a Job Search
9. What Do Employers Expect from Employees?
10. Where to Get Job Training
11. How to Choose a Career
12. How to Determine Your Skills
13. SCANS Competencies
14. Identifying Your Job Interests & Values
15. Ideal Job Worksheet
16. What Are Your Salary Needs?
| Finding the Jobs
17. How to Use Your Local One-Stop Career Center
18. Using Your Network to Locate Job Openings
19. Government Jobs
20. Pluses & Minuses of Temporary Employment
21. How to Use the Internet in Your Job Search
22. How to Apply for a Job Online
23. How to Respond to Newspaper Want Ads
24. How to Work a Job Fair
25. Help Wanted Response Form
26. How to Make Cold Calls
27. Cold Call Telephone Log
28. How to Get Informaiton about Jobs in Your Area
29. How to Acquire Job Information by Interviewing
30. How to Research the Job & the Employer
31. What are Employee Benefits?
32. How to Complete a Job Application
33. Sample Blank Employment Application
34. Sample Completed Employment Application
35. How to Write a Résumé
36. Components of a Résumé
37. Sample Chronological Résumés
38. Sample Skills/Functional Résumés
39. How to Write an Internet Résumé
40. List of Words to Use in Your Résumé
41. How to Write Cover Letters
42. Sample Cover Letters
43. How to Overcome Challenges to Employment
44. How Do I Deal with Negative Information?
45. What Are Pre-Employment Tests?
|Interviewing & More
46. What are Interviewers Looking For?
47. What are the Different Kinds of Interviews?
48. What Can I Expect during the Interview?
49. How to Prepare for the Interview
50. Acing Telephone Interviews
51. Common Interview Questions
52. How to Make a Good First Impression
53. Pre-Interview Checklist
54. Post-Interview Worksheet
55. How to Write a Thank You Note
56. How to Negotiate a Fair Salary
57. How to Respond to a Job Offer
58. What to Do When Starting a New Job
59. How to Keep Your Job
60. How to Set Goals at Work
61. How to Effectively Communicate at Work
62. How to Effectively Manage Time at Work